About Our Company
It’s not just a job. It’s a mission. If you’re as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then you’ll be right at home with us.
Rapid Financial Services (dba "RapidAdvance") has been awarded a 2016 Top Workplaces honor by The Washington Post. We’re the nation's leading provider of business financing when traditional sources of funding are out of reach for small and mid-sized businesses. By providing this access to working capital, RapidAdvance opens doors for small business owners and helps growing businesses go above and beyond.
Our company is expanding. We’re aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Let us invest in you.
About the Opportunity
RapidAdvance is recruiting for an inquiring minds to join our Collections team. As a Collections Specialist, you work within a team responsible for the investigation, negotiation, collection, and cure of delinquent client accounts. Individuals with a strong investigative mindset who are able to research accounts, build rapport with our clients, analyze complex documentation, and identify fraudulent activities or documentation are encouraged to apply. This position will be located at our home office in Bethesda, Maryland.
A day in the life of our Collections team may include:
- Review, understand, and apply the terms of the company’s agreements with merchants in the investigation, identification, documentation and resolution of issues related to compliance with company’s agreements.
- Analyzing complex financial information.
- Develop strategic research methods and investigate accounts.
- Skip Trace and be familiar with various internet search tools.
- Request credit history from Credit Reports and be familiar with reading Credit Reports, Westlaw, and when reviewing merchant accounts for a profile review.
- Communicate with merchants to determine reasons for ceased credit card processing or processing volumes that are inconsistent with company expectations based on historical volumes, and review with the merchants the terms of their agreement with company.
- Locate and notify customers of breached accounts, by mail, email, text, and telephone, in order to solicit payment or cure breach.
- Where warranted, arrange for and approve payment or establish payment schedules based on customer’s financial situations and within guidelines of policies and procedures established by the collections department.
- Solicit alternative form of payment on delinquent accounts by wire, over-night certified funds, personal or business credit cards.
- Document merchant account with accurate description of conversations with merchant, their representatives, or other related person that references merchant account.
- Scan or save documents created internally or received from merchant, their agents or other related person to the merchant account.
- Determine suitability of accounts for legal action.
- You possess the desire to work hard. We do whatever it takes to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients while protecting our business.
- You have prior business to business (B2B) collections experience in commercial lending or demonstrate the ability to successfully complete our training program.
- You have a professional and articulate phone demeanor, remaining calm and diplomatic in high-pressure situations. You also have excellent written communication skills.
- You demonstrate the ability to:
- research merchant accounts and analyze repayment streams
- resolve account disputes in an efficient and professional manner with the goal of maximizing customer retention
- You possess strong negotiation and skip tracing skills.
- You have solid working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and other office equipment (scanner, fax, copier).
- You pride yourself on your ability to identify and correct errors, capture all of the relevant details, and get things done on time.
- You have a bachelor's degree or the equivalent experience.
Sound like you? You’ll be a serious contender if:
- You are adaptable. You can be flexible and enjoy working in a team environment. Expect a fast pace, energy, and the occasional flying ping pong ball.
- You want to make an impact. We are a rapidly growing business, and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our clients, our culture, and our future.
- You share our passion for the small businesses of America and have a desire to be part of something bigger than yourself.
RapidAdvance seeks the best and brightest. To us, finding and keeping A-talent is as important as closing a million-dollar deal. That’s just one of the reasons why we have been so successful, growing more than 20 percent every year.
Our team benefits from a commuting or parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, a gaming area, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Discover what a career with RapidAdvance can do for you. Visit our careers page today to learn more about the other opportunities we currently have available.
The Disclaimer: This job description is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified by a variety of similar adjectives at any time by the leadership team.
RapidAdvance is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.