About Our Company
It’s not just a job. It’s a mission. If you’re as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then you’ll be right at home with us.
Rapid Financial Services (dba "RapidAdvance") is one of metropolitan Detroit’s 2016 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For! We’re the nation's leading provider of business financing when traditional sources of funding are out of reach for small and mid-sized businesses. By providing access to opportunity capital, RapidAdvance opens doors for small business owners, making their dreams a reality.
Our company is expanding. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Let us invest in you.
About the Opportunity
RapidAdvance is seeking a motivated, data driven professional with outstanding critical thinking abilities and attention to detail to join our Sales Operations Team as a Data Analyst. As a Data Analyst, your primary objective will be to identify and resolve high priority performance issues related to sales, marketing, business development and operations. In addition, you will also administer, configure/customize, and maintain our companywide Salesforce Instance.
This position will be located in our rapidly growing office in the great city of Detroit, MI. A day in the life of the Data Analyst may include:
- Mine, model, analyze and evaluate sales, operations and marketing data to identify trends and opportunities.
- Provide alternatives and/or recommendations for improvement.
- Quantify and qualify the anticipated gains to be achieved by the recommendations.
- Present findings and deliver recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Monitor and track operational performance across all production teams.
- Identify, develop, and provide periodic reports to the production; seek out action plans and recommend corrective action to improve operational performance.
- Respond to ad hoc data/analysis requests from various teams; provide support as an analytical resource.
- Owning the administration, configuration, and customization of Salesforce.
- Administration Setup to include:
- Manage Users, Profiles, and Roles.
- Manage Apps.
- Sharing Rules and Security Controls.
- App Setup to include:
- Lead and Opportunity Management.
- Account/ Contacts and Campaign Management.
- Workflow Rules, Email Alerts and Field Updates.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Engineering, Mathematics Computer Science, or Business Administration field of study is preferred.
- Experience in using modeling techniques (e.g. statistical, optimization, simulation, and spreadsheet) to answer business questions and to assess the impact and added value of recommendations.
- Demonstrated abstract critical and reasoning thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively analyze detailed information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software including, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Etc.
- Strong business acumen, technical learning/innovation management, and a drive for results.
- You can communicate clearly, concisely and with impact – both one-on-one and presenting to small groups.
Sound like you? You’ll be a serious contender if:
- Proficiency in SQL, demonstrated by the ability to write simple to complex SQL queries for report design and execution.
- Advanced skills in modeling, using database programs, mining large quantities of data for statistically valid information and formulating hypotheses.
- Prior experience or educational training with Salesforce.
- You don’t wait around for answers – you go and find them.
- You are adaptable. You can be flexible and enjoy working in a fun & exciting team environment. Expect a fast pace, energy and the occasional flying ping pong ball.
- You want to make an impact. We are a rapidly growing business, and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our clients, our culture, and our future.
- You share our passion for the small businesses of America and have a desire to be part of something bigger than yourself.
- You thrive in dynamic environments that require balancing competing priorities, meeting shifting deadlines and adapting to change.
The Disclaimer: This job description is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified by a variety of similar adjectives at any time by the leadership team.
RapidAdvance seeks the best and brightest. To us, finding and keeping A-talent is as important as closing a million-dollar deal. That’s just one of the reasons why we have been so successful, growing more than 20 percent every year.
Our team benefits from a commuting or parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, a gaming area, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Discover what a career with RapidAdvance can do for you. Visit our careers page today to learn more about the other opportunities we currently have available.
RapidAdvance is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.